What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files with information that a website (in particular the web server) stores on a user’s computer / tablet / cellphone, so that each time a user logs in, the website retrieves the information and provide him with related services. A typical example of such information is the user’s preferences on the web page, stated by the choices he makes (e.g. selection of specific ‘buttons’, searches, ads, etc.).
Law in force
Cookies are governed by the Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive 2002 “e-Privacy” 2002/58 / EC as amended by Directive 2009/136 / EC (incorporated into Greek Law 3471/2006), as explicitly provided in 2016 / 679 Personal Data Protection Regulation recital 173. According to applicable law N3471 / 2006 (see article 4 par. 5 of this law, as amended by article 170 of Law 4070/2012) “The installation of cookies is permitted only with the consent of the user and after being duly informed.” For this reason, during the first visit to the site www.eetaa.gr, relatively pop-up windows appear, and the visitor can express his consent to the installation of cookies that are specifically mentioned. It is about non-functional cookies that aim to improve the services of the website, such as:
- connection to social media,
- configuration to audio and video devices in order to customize the data according to the user’s personal preferences,
- statistical analysis cookies about the number of visitors to the site and the number of pages viewed, without immediate identification of the user.
Are Cookies Installed Without the User’s Prior Consent?
There are cookies that have been rated by the working group of the Article 291 (Wp29 Opinion 4/2012) as technical and functional in order to make the connection to the website or to provide the Internet service. For these, the law does not require prior consent. Here are such categories:
- Necessary Cookies in order to identify and / or maintain content that the subscriber or the user enters during a session on a website. (For example, such cookies are required when filling out an online form.) The same category includes “persistent” cookies that are installed for the same purpose and last for a few hours.
- Necessary Cookies to authenticate the subscriber or user on services that require authentication.
- Cookies that are installed for the user’s security, such as cookies that detect repeated unsuccessful attempts to log into a user’s account.
- Cookies with multimedia content, such as Flash Player cookies. For example, cookies that are installed by viewing a video.
- Necessary Cookies for performing the load balancing on a web site link.
- Cookies that “remember” the subscriber’s or user’s preferences regarding the website (e.g. related to the choice of language or the search results).
- Cookies that are installed via plug-ins on social network sites and share content between certified and already logged in members.
How to control Cookies
You have the option to delete all the cookies that are already on your computer. You may also set the most browsers in a way to prevent cookies. However, in this case, you may have to adjust some preferences each time you visit a site, but still some services may not work as well. For more information on cookies, including how to control and / or delete them, visit the following links:
How do I accept or reject cookies on this Site?
You may easily accept or reject cookies on this site by clicking one of the links below:
I accept cookies / I reject cookies.
Absolutely Necessary Cookies
There are cookies essential for the function of our site that cannot be turned off. They are usually defined only as a response to your request such as a “get a quote” form or a privacy preference setting or a filling of any other of our forms. You can remove these cookies by selecting the appropriate “opt out” icon to reject cookies or setting your browser to block or alert you, but after that some parts of the site may not work properly. Such cookies do not save personal data.
How do I know if Cookies Policy will change?
You will be promptly informed on our site for any changes to this cookies policy.